- Bachelors in Kinesiology and Sport Science from Eastern Illinois University
- At Eastern Illinois University Brad recieved the LAIR AWARD for Leadership, Achievement, Integrity, Responsibility
- Brad has trained every population in fitness from 4 to 90 years of age and individuals with physical and mental challenge
- To learn more about my passion for fitness please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is7wuPQXm8M
What drew you to the fitness/training field?
The biggest attraction that drew me to the fitness/training field is that I can change lives. Everyone wants to have a purpose in life, I wanted my purpose to be changing lives whether it is making someone stronger, faster, teach them how to tie their shoes, improving their mental state or help them walk.
What is the most fulfilling part of your job?
The most fulfilling part of my job is changing the client’s mindset and habits of exercise to a more positive and proactive approach. When the mindset of exercise and habits are changed for the better that is when goals are met because the client now enjoys improving their health.
How do you motivate someone during a workout?
I motivate my clientele by teaching them about their body and why we do certain exercises to reach their goals. My goal is to teach the individual what to do on a daily basis to better their health and to reach their goals, so they can do it on their own.
What are some qualities of your personal ideal client?
The qualities of my ideal client is an individual that has been through some tough times in their life, they have not been watching their health and they are in a low mental and motivating state. I can help these individuals improve their mental and motive state through my caring and amiable personality as well as my experiences so far in life. I can improve their health by teaching them about their body, showing them where their health is at the start, teaching them how and why we will obtain a healthier lifestyle. I am more than a Trainer Specialist at Right Fit, I am a Life Specialist at Right Fit that will help you with any Life or Fitness goal.
What is one client success story you will always remember?
The client success story I will always remember does not have much to do with exercise. One 60 minute training session I taught an individual how to tie his shoes. For some, learning how to tie a shoe can be very difficult, this is a skill he will have to know as he gets older. At Right Fit, this individual increased his bench press from 20lbs to over 115lbs, he was able to run 2 miles without stopping, his core strength improved and he was able to pull over 250lbs on a sled, but he couldn’t tie his shoes. Right Fit is a special place because our clients’ goals are our goals. Some goals may be fitness related, some goals may be life goals such as learning to tie shoes or how to properly catch a ball or how to socialize with others.
- 1st 5k at 6 years old with father
- 4 time High School Cross Country State Qualifier
- NCAA Division 1 Athlete
- 3 Time NCAA Division 1 All-Conference Athlete
- 3 Time Team NCAA Division 1 Conference Championships
- 4 time NCAA Division 1 Collegiate Cross-Country MVP
- Competed in the 200 Mile Running Relay- Ragnar Relay
- Running Personal Bests 1 mile- 4:26, 8k 24:44, 10k 31:30, Half Marathon 1 Hour 10 minutes